Lighting Tech is the latest addition to Project Qatar. This specialized platform sheds light on the growing requirements for lighting technologies in Qatar, to meet the demand of multi-billion projects ranging from sports stadiums, residential, commercial, and hotel buildings to full-fledged smart cities.
Lighting Tech is an ideal platform to showcase a broad spectrum of indoor and outdoor lighting technologies, urban and architectural lighting products as well as smart lighting solutions for various applications and projects.
This new dedicated zone brings together lighting technology experts, engineers, manufacturers, suppliers, and designers, with contractors, consultants, project engineers and owners to explore lucrative business opportunities and future projects in Qatar’s gleaming lighting industry.
Lighting Tech is held under Project Qatar next to other dedicated zones such as Heavy Max, Qatar Stone Tech, Interior Fit Out, and Smart District, thus attracting thousands of stakeholders from various disciplines within the construction industry.
The lighting industry at a glance
- The market size of lighting control systems for homes in Qatar is expected to increase from $24.82 million in 2016 to $108.23 million by 2022, according to statistics.
- The ‘Stadium Lighting Market - Global Forecast to 2023’ report suggests that the global stadium lighting market, currently valued at $432 million in 2018, is likely to reach US$622.2 million by 2023. The report also suggests that venues in the Arabian Gulf will be pivotal to the growth of the stadium lighting market, advising “Qatar is likely to offer much growth opportunities for stadium lighting solution providers, as the country will host the FIFA World Cup in 2022”. This major sporting event is expected to attract technology providers for the deployment of advanced stadium lighting solutions in the Middle East region.
- The global smart lighting market is projected to witness a CAGR of over 22% by 2022, on the back of technological advancements in lighting solutions, coupled with booming demand for advanced lighting solutions, especially in street lighting segment, across the globe, according to Research and Markets. Moreover, rising focus on development of smart cities, increasing IoT adoption and emergence of Li-Fi technology are expected to further boost global smart lighting market in the coming years. In line with its National Vision 2030, Qatar has embarked on a journey to develop smart cities, the likes of Lusail City, which is set to exponentially increase the demand for smart lighting solutions in the country.
- The global outdoor lighting market was valued at $8,740 million in 2017 and is forecast to witness a CAGR of 8% during 2018–2023. Growing adoption of energy-saving and cost-efficient lighting products and increased government focus on energy conservation are the major factors driving the market growth, according to P&S Intelligence. Qatar’s initiatives for increasing energy efficiency and achieving sustainability are also driving the demand for energy-saving lighting solutions and technologies.
- Chevron’s Center for Sustainable Energy Efficiency (CSEE) at Qatar Science and Technology Park continues to support Qatar’s sustainable development strategy through training and demonstration of energy-efficient lighting and photovoltaic technologies.